Sunday, October 18, 2009

Welcome to Motoriginal


My name is Jeff Butler and I've had an obsession with extraordinary cars my whole life. Whether it be an Italian exotic super car, an American muscle car, or any car that stands out amongst the rest, I've always had a desire to get behind the wheel. In the past I've tried to ignore this obsession, but there's no use, it just comes back stronger so, I've decided to run with it.
I went to school for Industrial Design because there was a very slim chance I'd make it into the auto industry designing the next Ferrari. My dreams still include designing the next Ferrari, hell, I'd be happy designing the next Toyota Corolla, but I've decided to create an opportunity rather than wait for one. Industrial Design is a great field and I plan to incorporate what I've learned into 'Motoriginal'.
'Motoriginal' is what I've decided to call my new mission. 'Motor' stands for the cars I will be working with and 'original' for the results in which I'll be striving. When dealing with cars if you hear the word original it generally means the car looks and drives like it did when it was brand new.
In the time to come I'll be buying, restoring, and hopefully selling modern classic cars for a profit. I'll be looking at cars built between 1975 and 1990. Late 60's and early 70's cars are great but they're hard to find and now they cost too much to buy and restore. What I'm aiming to do is restore and sell a car that will be a valuable classic in the future, making my own and the next buyer's time an investment.

I'll be blogging about different aspects of the restoration phase. I'll be sharing photos, videos and passing on things learned along the way. There's going to be a lot to learn and a lot to plan for if I want to make this into a career. For one, I need a garage. Two, three and four, I need lots of tools and equipment, lots of help and lots of money! But for now let's forget about the small stuff. It's time I get my hands dirty on the first project: The Porsche 944!



Please feel free to comment with any constructive or destructive criticism. I am always looking for ways to improve so any suggestions with a car, my blogs, or just general comments are welcome. Please keep it clean and focused. Check back soon for new posts and be sure to follow me. Enjoy!


--M/o



2 comments:

  1. Hey jeff, This looks great man. "Motoriginal" is such a great name for this. Im looking forward to seeing the Porsche when its all done. and like i said, when it is and for the right price im down.

    p.s. you should try restoring an 1989 Acura Integra. heard they never lose thier value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude, can you post a picture of your Porsche?

    ReplyDelete